One of Martial's poems (1.117) offers evidence that in AD 85 or 86 the new forum had not yet been built there. This passage is taken as a terminus post quem for Domitian’s intervention.
- Anderson, James. “Domitian, the Argiletum an the Temple of Peace.” American Journal of Archaeology 86 (1982) 101-110.
- Claridge, Amanda. Rome. An Oxford Archaeological Guide. 2010.
- Kleiner, Diana. Open Yale Courses. Lecture 13, chapter 6.
- Kleiner, Diana. Roman Sculpture. 1992.
- Sear, Frank. Roman Architecture. 1982.
- Ward-Perkins, J. B. Roman Imperial Architecture. 1981.
- Wiegartz, H. “Simulacra gentium auf dem Forum Romanum.” Boreas 19 (1996) 171-179.